Stanton Reformed Church has been serving the Stanton community for more than 186 years.
The Stanton Reformed Church was organized on October 15, 1833, as the Dutch Reformed Church of Mount Pleasant. The name was changed to the Reformed Dutch Church of Stanton in 1852. A parsonage was built in 1853-1854 and a steeple was added to the church in 1914. The original church building was destroyed by fire caused by lightning in the summer of 1931. The stone pillar near the front patio is the only remaining portion of the original building. A new sanctuary was built in 1932. Our present sanctuary was added and dedicated in 1964.
Our names and buildings have changed, but the congregation and spirit remain the same. We belong to the Reformed Church in America (RCA), which is the oldest protestant denomination with a continuous ministry in the U.S. We continue to be a community church, transcending denominational lines and serving the needs of our community.